Skip to main content

PREPPING FOR 2018

The year is gradually drawing to a close and soon a new year will come knocking at your door again. It would make sense to prepare for its coming so you won't be caught unawares. If 2017 didn't go well for you, now is the time to count your losses and move on. Don't wait for the new year to do that, it could lower your morale by 80%. 
If it went just as you planned, kudos! But remember, there's always more, there's always higher ground to climb and there's always a better wayway to doing things so don't rest on your oars. 
The purpose of this article is to prepare you for 2018, so much that the year itself will meet you ready and waiting at the door to welcome it.
Firstly,
REFOCUS YOUR VISION.

This will help you set the proper goals. Sometimes, disappointments can hit you so hard you begin to wonder if your dreams are actually not too big for you. Maybe they are, but then isn't that why its called a 'dream'? And your vision is to make those dreams become a reality. So just in case the hustles and bustles of 2017 knocked your vision out of sight, you have to consciously kick it back into place. It may have become blurred with distractions buy you have got to stick with it. How? 
  • Rewrite it
  • Rehearse it 
  • Target it
  • Understand it
  • Make it plain.
  • Go after it.
And this leads you to the next step.

GOAL SETTING.

I noticed something peculiar happen to me this year. For all the months I set goals for myself, I achieved to a considerable extent. But for the months I didn't, I just moved with the tides, wasn't focused and by the end of the month, I didn't achieve much.
Goal setting is a must if you're serious about getting results and closer to making your dreams a reality. Goals can be divided into three segments, long term goals(years), mid term goals(6months) and short term goals(a month, a week, daily).
Set goals in every area of your life. For instance,
Physically➡Exercising every day or three times a week.
Mentally/Psychologically➡Having a certain number of books you would read in a month,this has been made easier with the introduction of audio books), types of seminars you would want to attend, audio messages you'd listen to.
Spiritually➡How much closer you want to get to your God. Prayer times, bible study plan, engage in active service by joining a department.
Financially➡Having a budget and sticking to it, if you've not already, please open a savings account. If possible don't get ATM card for it. Create strategies for generating multiple streams of income. This is where the need to get advice from experts through seminars could come in.
All these goals have to be written down for reference purposes cause as the saying goes, "the faintest ink is better than the brightest brain"
Thirdly,
PLAN.

Plan how you intend to achieve those goals you've set. For example, a student who has 9 courses to study in a semester  has to draw a plan, a timetable sort of else he might not be able to cover much. One of my principal's favorite slogan in secondary school days then was "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!" So make plans, also having in mind that we can plan just about 60% of the day just so we wouldn't get so uptight if things don't go just as planned. Most times they won't and this is why there's always need for plans b,c,d and to z if need be.
Finally,
DISCIPLINE
If you've been disciplined enough to go through this mentally tasking processes aforementioned, then you're good to go. But then you need even a higher dose of discipline to follow through with what you've set out to do.
If you're desperate enough for change, you would do whatever it takes. Its only an insane man that keeps doing the same thing over and over again while expecting to get different results.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musings of a Young Dreamer Girl: PERHAPS

Just like this picture, we'd want our lives to be prim and proper. But fortunately it doesn't always turn out that way. Why fortunately? Well, perhaps, there's a possibility that we would sink into a routine, running around in circles, never going back but yet never moving forward. Perhaps, there would be no aspirations, no dreams, no hope, and what is a man without hope? Dead. Perhaps, we would then rest on our oars and pride in the fact that we made it happen all by ourselves. This is seemingly possible as man has always tried to play god, most times to his detriment. Maybe the problems, the challenges, the bills, come so that in the process of dealing with them we bump into our purpose, our reason for being created, our existence. Perhaps they come that we may realize the endless possibilities of faith, increasing by each victory. Perhaps, the untidiness of a partner or the unruliness of a family member would teach us to love even when we do not feel like it. Perh

DEAR FUTURE HUSBAND

Dear future husband, I've been awake trying to imagine what it'd be like to live with one person for the rest of my life. I don't know if I've met you already, I just wonder if you also think about living with me. I watched The Wedding Party for the third time today and it gives me the same feeling each time. I definitely want to have a dream wedding, which girl doesn't? So I beg you please be responsible. I really hope you're doing something tangible with your life cause am trying my best here. The only thing that scared me in that movie was Broda Banky still asking how he could stick to one person for the rest of his life on the morning of his wedding. Pls I'm begging you in the name of God, figure that out before you even engage me. I cannot come and be crying and be running up and down on heels for that matter. But then am also learning it's more than just having a dream wedding but having a happily ever after marriage. I believe it exists but we b

Welcome to Naija

Growing up in naija gave me a lot of experiences I know I couldn't have probably gotten anywhere else. There were some quite funny ones though and I thought to share some that I remember  with you. Reminiscing on some of them can actually help you have a good laugh. My mom told me just recently that I ate raw pepper when I was about a year and 6months and it got me running round the house with my mouth wide open and I didn't cry o...you can imagine the sight.πŸ˜… So,here we go! ◆Welcome to naija, where once rain starts falling, power supply is cut off and if you see the light immediately the rain stops, glory be to God cause just like a friend said they have to dry their wireπŸ˜‚ ◆Welcome to naija, where as an adolescent girl, your mom would tell you not to go close to a boy else you'd get pregnant. Hmm...see me running from boys then. Still wondering how I fell for that.πŸ˜• ◆Welcome to naija, where your parents would only realize how dumb you are when your intelligent frien