Skip to main content

Musings of a Young Dreamer Girl: PERHAPS

Just like this picture, we'd want our lives to be prim and proper. But fortunately it doesn't always turn out that way. Why fortunately? Well, perhaps, there's a possibility that we would sink into a routine, running around in circles, never going back but yet never moving forward. Perhaps, there would be no aspirations, no dreams, no hope, and what is a man without hope? Dead.
Perhaps, we would then rest on our oars and pride in the fact that we made it happen all by ourselves. This is seemingly possible as man has always tried to play god, most times to his detriment.
Maybe the problems, the challenges, the bills, come so that in the process of dealing with them we bump into our purpose, our reason for being created, our existence.
Perhaps they come that we may realize the endless possibilities of faith, increasing by each victory. Perhaps, the untidiness of a partner or the unruliness of a family member would teach us to love even when we do not feel like it.
Perhaps, the torments come that we may realize the need for a higher being, some form of supernatural intervention that we most times hate to admit that we need.
Perhaps, life itself happens to us, to jerk us out of mediocrity zone, to stir the sleeping giants within, to awaken potentials locked up far away by the unpleasant opinions presented to us at childhood, in our workplaces, social gatherings and social media.
Perhaps, we get burned that our scars become lessons for generations after us to learn. Perhaps, our stories, uniquely written by individual experiences would make the books that would turn the clocks of history. Perhaps, we should all come to accept the fact that life may never be prim and proper like we want it to be but its uncertainties eventually turn out for our greater good.

Perhaps.....oh, perhaps.


Comments

  1. Nice post Kiki. Perhaps is the closest word to the truth because ultimately we realize that nothing is sure and that's why we need hope and faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Hope and faith keeps us going. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. These things are what we may likely know but your presentation on it was wow! Nice nice nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its our different perspectives that makes life colorful. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  3. I like to believe it's the uncertainties of life that makes it all the more beautiful. You rightly pointed out this point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Faith Trials

It's been a long time since I was in the lair. I guess adulthood caught up with me as trying to juggle many other things made me put this aspect of my writing on hold. Now it feels so weird trying to put my thoughts together, well cause there are a lot of them, dancing in my head!  Well, a lot has happened to me as I know has happened to you as well. But never did I imagine my mom dying as part of the "a lot". It's been over three months now but on some days, I imagine I'm still dreaming. And all of a sudden the enormity of what happened hits me, sucking out my breath as I come to terms with reality. Asides from the pain and depression I've had to deal with, I think what has come the most under attack is my faith.  She had been ill for some months and we had prayed so earnestly for her recovery. Death was never a possible option in our minds. I confessed the word, I sowed seeds, I prayed morning and night, and I cried and pleaded with God not to take her away.

MY NYSC Chronicles (Part 1)

I wanted to document my experience as a youth corp member. My NYSC year was filled with a lot of twists and turns, with happy, sad, and really scary moments sandwiched within. The challenges I encountered and the experiences I had were just too unique for me not to document, so this would be the first of the series. Enjoy!  I went to the Federal University of Technology, Owerri where I studied Science Laboratory Technology. After my final project in November, I went back to Lagos to go and rest and eat my mommy's food. I used to be among those “first to finish" groups, so once I heard clearance had started, I rushed back to school. This was in April, and I wanted to be called up with Batch B, which was to go in July.  After all the wahala that comes with final year clearance in a federal school, I went for the final process that would qualify me for NYSC only to find out I didn't have a major document - my admission letter from JAMB. I actually did have the document but i