Skip to main content

What God Wants

What about what God wants? This is one question we don't find too many people asking these days. It's always what we want, what we need, what we must have, our children, our husbands, our parents, our families, our jobs, and many other things we pursue. All these things are quite alright but have we really taken out time to ask God what he wants. I'm not yet a parent so I might not be able to say much on what it takes to provide for another but I am a student and I don't see too many of my counterparts concerned about this. We are so consumed with the need to "make it" in life and be successful that we can do anything it takes, I mean anything! Not many want to be identified as 'churchous' much less even be committed to church stuff as we call it but at the close shave of almost being caught with 'expo' in the exam hall, we mutter 'thank you Jesus'. It is good to have visions, dream big, study work hard and all that but we must remember that we were first created before we could even exist.
Just as a father expects to get results from a child he is bringing up don't you think God expects certain results from us too? We need to come that point where our desires and actions resonates what God wants, where we are in line with his will for our lives. At this point I'd tell a story I read from a book titled "The true nature of God by Andrew Wommack. It was about a certain young man of God who wanted to know what theological school God wanted him to go to so he asked, "God is it A or B? And God said B. After about six months in college he felt he was being led to leave and go serve in a small church under a pastor for a while. He tried to resist this leading until he cried out in frustration to God, "why didn't you just tell me from the onset? Why did you allow me to start college then ask me to leave afterwards?!" God replied, "Son you only gave me two options and I chose the better one."
And this is what most of us do, we go, "Okay God, I got this job offer and am taking it cause the pay is good and I got a lotta bills to settle, just make sure I don't lose it", then they lose the job and go, "God doesn't answer prayers after all".
Enough about us and what we want. Let us, old or young, single or married truly begin to seek Him not for our own selfish desires but for what would please him.
One of the greatest reasons for being unable to trust God's process is that it could be painfully slow. But what we fail to realize is that he has the roadmap of our lives already and he knows every stop and turn, he knows where danger is lurking and he stalls us in training school so as to avoid them or be able to deal with them completely but nope, we want to walk right into it just so we're moving. I have made mistakes that I know could have been avoided and I paid dearly for them and I know most of us can attest to this fact in their lives too.
It's time to stop living life by chance, by trial and error. Of course you won't get it right in one day but start taking deliberate steps towards making what God wants a priority in your life. How? Simply ask, start to build a relationship with him if you don't have and let him lead and guide you in the way he sees fit.
Always trust the process, it works.
Always

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musings of a Young Dreamer Girl: PERHAPS

Just like this picture, we'd want our lives to be prim and proper. But fortunately it doesn't always turn out that way. Why fortunately? Well, perhaps, there's a possibility that we would sink into a routine, running around in circles, never going back but yet never moving forward. Perhaps, there would be no aspirations, no dreams, no hope, and what is a man without hope? Dead. Perhaps, we would then rest on our oars and pride in the fact that we made it happen all by ourselves. This is seemingly possible as man has always tried to play god, most times to his detriment. Maybe the problems, the challenges, the bills, come so that in the process of dealing with them we bump into our purpose, our reason for being created, our existence. Perhaps they come that we may realize the endless possibilities of faith, increasing by each victory. Perhaps, the untidiness of a partner or the unruliness of a family member would teach us to love even when we do not feel like it. Perh

DEAR FUTURE HUSBAND

Dear future husband, I've been awake trying to imagine what it'd be like to live with one person for the rest of my life. I don't know if I've met you already, I just wonder if you also think about living with me. I watched The Wedding Party for the third time today and it gives me the same feeling each time. I definitely want to have a dream wedding, which girl doesn't? So I beg you please be responsible. I really hope you're doing something tangible with your life cause am trying my best here. The only thing that scared me in that movie was Broda Banky still asking how he could stick to one person for the rest of his life on the morning of his wedding. Pls I'm begging you in the name of God, figure that out before you even engage me. I cannot come and be crying and be running up and down on heels for that matter. But then am also learning it's more than just having a dream wedding but having a happily ever after marriage. I believe it exists but we b

Welcome to Naija

Growing up in naija gave me a lot of experiences I know I couldn't have probably gotten anywhere else. There were some quite funny ones though and I thought to share some that I remember  with you. Reminiscing on some of them can actually help you have a good laugh. My mom told me just recently that I ate raw pepper when I was about a year and 6months and it got me running round the house with my mouth wide open and I didn't cry o...you can imagine the sight.πŸ˜… So,here we go! ◆Welcome to naija, where once rain starts falling, power supply is cut off and if you see the light immediately the rain stops, glory be to God cause just like a friend said they have to dry their wireπŸ˜‚ ◆Welcome to naija, where as an adolescent girl, your mom would tell you not to go close to a boy else you'd get pregnant. Hmm...see me running from boys then. Still wondering how I fell for that.πŸ˜• ◆Welcome to naija, where your parents would only realize how dumb you are when your intelligent frien