Skip to main content

Simple Steps to Set Up Your Life's Vision

Vision is a very important factor in a man's life. Everyone needs to have a vision in order to succeed but then we must not think that success only necessarily means having money. There are certain steps to making your vision clear and achievable. Some people I guess already know about the SMART goal system i.e  

S=specific and expressed in numbers,
M=measurable.set milestones that will help you track it so you'll know when you've achieved a goal.
A=agreed upon with your team mates (if a team exists),
R=realistic,relevant and achievable,
T=time-bound and must have a deadline.

Here I'd like to introduce SMART(ER);the 

E=ethical.your goals must have moral standing and values,no compromising.
R=resourceful,you'll need to commit time,money,information,manpower to achieve it. 

Like I stated earlier, it is possible that many of us know about this system but there are some steps am sure most of us do not know about. I used to constantly worry about not knowing what stage in my life I was exactly and where i would be in the next 10-15years till i discovered 7 steps on how to plan your life. First of all, a sheet of paper or better still a book will do you a whole lot of good if you can get all these steps am about to show you on paper and use them as a guideline to plan your own life 

1.Your governing life values-{family,walk with God,etiquette,integrity etc} Generally,these things are very important to you so you can have a compass. 

2.Your purpose in life-what God has called you to do,the burden placed in your heart,why you were created.Purpose has to be clearly written down too (if you have problem discovering your purpose, I'll be dealing with that soonest in one of my articles) 

3.Plan the purpose-General Planning. This plan should be at least for the next 20years, here you'll write down what and where you want to be in the next 20years. 

4.Long term goals-between 5-10years 

5.Mid term goals-between 3-5years 

6.Short term goals-the expanse of 1year i.e what you want to see in 1yr


7. Monthly (weekly/daily routine) plan

Note also that
*All these stages should be aligned to each other
*Your purpose, life values and midterm goals should be reviewed every year
*Your short term goals, monthly, weekly and daily routine goals must be reviewed every two weeks
*Your annual goal and everything in general must be committed in prayer
*When planning, you need to prioritize
*Don’t plan more than 60% of your life/day/time so as to leave room for miscellaneous {e.g. at least 7 things a day}

All these should be written down so you can constantly review. Remember, the faintest pen is brighter than the brightest brain.

Success is a habit....it should be a daily routine

Kiki wish's you success while planning your life!

{extracted from Pastor David Ogbueli's message...Overseer, Dominion City}


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musings of a Young Dreamer Girl: PERHAPS

Just like this picture, we'd want our lives to be prim and proper. But fortunately it doesn't always turn out that way. Why fortunately? Well, perhaps, there's a possibility that we would sink into a routine, running around in circles, never going back but yet never moving forward. Perhaps, there would be no aspirations, no dreams, no hope, and what is a man without hope? Dead. Perhaps, we would then rest on our oars and pride in the fact that we made it happen all by ourselves. This is seemingly possible as man has always tried to play god, most times to his detriment. Maybe the problems, the challenges, the bills, come so that in the process of dealing with them we bump into our purpose, our reason for being created, our existence. Perhaps they come that we may realize the endless possibilities of faith, increasing by each victory. Perhaps, the untidiness of a partner or the unruliness of a family member would teach us to love even when we do not feel like it. Perh

DEAR FUTURE HUSBAND

Dear future husband, I've been awake trying to imagine what it'd be like to live with one person for the rest of my life. I don't know if I've met you already, I just wonder if you also think about living with me. I watched The Wedding Party for the third time today and it gives me the same feeling each time. I definitely want to have a dream wedding, which girl doesn't? So I beg you please be responsible. I really hope you're doing something tangible with your life cause am trying my best here. The only thing that scared me in that movie was Broda Banky still asking how he could stick to one person for the rest of his life on the morning of his wedding. Pls I'm begging you in the name of God, figure that out before you even engage me. I cannot come and be crying and be running up and down on heels for that matter. But then am also learning it's more than just having a dream wedding but having a happily ever after marriage. I believe it exists but we b

Welcome to Naija

Growing up in naija gave me a lot of experiences I know I couldn't have probably gotten anywhere else. There were some quite funny ones though and I thought to share some that I remember  with you. Reminiscing on some of them can actually help you have a good laugh. My mom told me just recently that I ate raw pepper when I was about a year and 6months and it got me running round the house with my mouth wide open and I didn't cry o...you can imagine the sight.πŸ˜… So,here we go! ◆Welcome to naija, where once rain starts falling, power supply is cut off and if you see the light immediately the rain stops, glory be to God cause just like a friend said they have to dry their wireπŸ˜‚ ◆Welcome to naija, where as an adolescent girl, your mom would tell you not to go close to a boy else you'd get pregnant. Hmm...see me running from boys then. Still wondering how I fell for that.πŸ˜• ◆Welcome to naija, where your parents would only realize how dumb you are when your intelligent frien