Skip to main content

Love and Landlord



        I just wanted to get ingredients 4 my breakfast 4rm Mama Dorcas,the woman who sold provisions down d street. As I came out of my gate, everywhere was calm and quiet as expected, most children were probably in school by that time of d morning. As I walked into d store, I greeted Mama Dorcas just as I noticed a dark complexioned pot bellied man standing at a corner in the shop. This wasn't a strange sight at all, though not quite pleasant for that time in the morning as don't actually know what will end up spoiling your day. When he smiled at me he exposed his set of 'it-was-once-white-now-brown-teeth' .Immediately I lost appetite for breakfast that morning. Then he told me he'd be the one to attend to me because he liked fair people...who cares? 
     I just wanted to get what I came for as soon as possible. So after getting everything I wanted, I proceeded to leave and he called me...

"what on earth did he want?" that was the only question on my mind then.   
   
"Fine girl, what is your name?" He asked and when I told him, he just said  "Haaa I don't like igbo girls oh but anyways can I have your digit?".
Now what in the world was he talking about? I stared at him totally confused and already irritated.
"I mean your digits na so I can call you!"

Ohh, he was referring to my phone number,I realized.I declined politely though.

"Ah ah ,y are u doing shakara 4 me nah?"

Then he pointed to a familiar compound and said,

"you see that house, the one with flower in front,that is my house oh,I am the Oga landlord o."
"But since u don't want to gimme your digits, let me give u mine so anytime you're free you can just give me a beep"

I stared at him in absolute surprise, the house he had just pointed to was my house! And he was definitely not the landlord!!!
Smiling to myself, I collected the piece of paper on which he scribbled his number which I knew I'd still discard and asked him to follow me to my house since he had shown me his. He grinned widely as if he had just won a jackpot. By d time we got to my gate, he wasn't smiling anymore. He had obviously fooled himself. I looked at him from head to toe and smiled sarcastically,'this is your house abi?' I asked n he gave me a shamefaced look...'Answer nah, Oga Landlord!'. He couldn't utter a word.I hissed n threw d paper on which he had written his 'digits' and banged d gate on his face. Good riddance! Oga Landlord my foot!       
        The end??



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Musings of a Young Dreamer Girl: PERHAPS

Just like this picture, we'd want our lives to be prim and proper. But fortunately it doesn't always turn out that way. Why fortunately? Well, perhaps, there's a possibility that we would sink into a routine, running around in circles, never going back but yet never moving forward. Perhaps, there would be no aspirations, no dreams, no hope, and what is a man without hope? Dead. Perhaps, we would then rest on our oars and pride in the fact that we made it happen all by ourselves. This is seemingly possible as man has always tried to play god, most times to his detriment. Maybe the problems, the challenges, the bills, come so that in the process of dealing with them we bump into our purpose, our reason for being created, our existence. Perhaps they come that we may realize the endless possibilities of faith, increasing by each victory. Perhaps, the untidiness of a partner or the unruliness of a family member would teach us to love even when we do not feel like it. Perh

DEAR FUTURE HUSBAND

Dear future husband, I've been awake trying to imagine what it'd be like to live with one person for the rest of my life. I don't know if I've met you already, I just wonder if you also think about living with me. I watched The Wedding Party for the third time today and it gives me the same feeling each time. I definitely want to have a dream wedding, which girl doesn't? So I beg you please be responsible. I really hope you're doing something tangible with your life cause am trying my best here. The only thing that scared me in that movie was Broda Banky still asking how he could stick to one person for the rest of his life on the morning of his wedding. Pls I'm begging you in the name of God, figure that out before you even engage me. I cannot come and be crying and be running up and down on heels for that matter. But then am also learning it's more than just having a dream wedding but having a happily ever after marriage. I believe it exists but we b

Welcome to Naija

Growing up in naija gave me a lot of experiences I know I couldn't have probably gotten anywhere else. There were some quite funny ones though and I thought to share some that I remember  with you. Reminiscing on some of them can actually help you have a good laugh. My mom told me just recently that I ate raw pepper when I was about a year and 6months and it got me running round the house with my mouth wide open and I didn't cry o...you can imagine the sight.πŸ˜… So,here we go! ◆Welcome to naija, where once rain starts falling, power supply is cut off and if you see the light immediately the rain stops, glory be to God cause just like a friend said they have to dry their wireπŸ˜‚ ◆Welcome to naija, where as an adolescent girl, your mom would tell you not to go close to a boy else you'd get pregnant. Hmm...see me running from boys then. Still wondering how I fell for that.πŸ˜• ◆Welcome to naija, where your parents would only realize how dumb you are when your intelligent frien